Are you attending the 18th annual Enology and Viticulture Conference? If wine is your business, the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre is the place to be this July 17th and 18th! This international event, hosted by the BC Wine Grape Council, is about more than networking. Immerse yourself in the latest research, technology, and industry trends by attending one (or more!) of the educational seminars and workshops. When you’re done, there are over 100 exhibitors to learn and get advice from when it comes to new products, supplies, and equipment. Click here to view a complete list of all the 2017 exhibitors.
Monday, July 17th
, 2017- 7:30 AM-5:00 PM
Tuesday, July 18th
, 2017- 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
To view the detailed show agenda, click here.
Penticton Trade and Convention Centre
273 Power Street, Penticton
BC, V2A 7K9
General Admission: $210 per day.
Some Conference Highlights Include:
- Vineyard Floor Management for Sustainable Viticulture, Dr. Kerri Steenwerth, USDA at UC Davis, and Dr. Tom Lowery, Summerland RDC
- Sustainability and Economics in Wine Production, Dr. Bruce Zoecklein, Virginia Tech, and Dr. Karl Storchmann, New York University
- Water Stress Monitoring and Detection Using IR Sensors, Remote Imaging, and Drones, Dr. Krista Shellie, USDA in Idaho, Dr. Pat Bowen, Summerland RDC
- Grape Pest and Disease Identification and Management Strategies, Dr. Susanna Acheampong, BCMAF, Dr. José Urbes Torres, Dr. Tom Lowery, Dan O’Gorman, and Dr. Sudarsana Poojari, Summerland RDC
- Evaluating Grape and Wine Quality, Dr. Wendy V. Parr, Lincoln University, New Zealand, and Dr. Matthias Schmitt, Hochschule GEISENHEIM University, Germany
- Molecular Approaches to Studying Water Stress and Yeast Strains, Dr. Dan Durall, UBC, Dr. Vivien Measday, UBC and Dr. Simone Castellarian, UBC
- Elusive Nature of Minerality in White Wine, Dr. Wendy V. Parr, Lincoln University, New Zealand
Click here for the full schedule of events!
In addition to special sessions, seminars, and workshops, exhibitors like Leavitt Machinery will be set-up on the trade show floor with equipment and products specifically designed for viticulture. You can find representatives from Leavitt Machinery at Booth R, along with a CAT GP25N, a Junheinrich EJE120, an Advance Adgressor, and a CAT 2ETC3500. To learn more about these products and how they can help your operation, stop by Booth R and talk to one of our experienced equipment experts!
The purpose of the BC Wine Grape Council is to coordinate, facilitate, and fund research and education on viticulture and enology to broadly benefit the British Columbia wine grape industry and to represent growers on a variety of agriculture related issues.