Leavitt Machinery understands the importance of environmental and corporate sustainability. That’s why we’re fully committed to improving our practices and processes. We strive to continuously reduce our carbon footprint every day while working towards efficient, low-waste practices. Our day-to-day choices have a large impact on the future. That’s why we work hard to ensure that our impact is as positive as possible.
- Reducing our office waste through cardboard, paper, plastic, and glass recycling programs.
- Reducing our warehouse and service bay waste through recycling programs for various materials. These include used oil, oil filters, floor mats, antifreeze, pallets, and more.
- Converting many of our procedures into paperless processes.
- Minimizing the number of office supply orders to reduce pollution from delivery trucks and courier vehicles.
- Choosing vendors that share our commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Purchasing products from local businesses to support them. This also reduces pollution by reducing the distance travelled by delivery trucks and courier vehicles.
- Providing our customers with environmentally friendly equipment options. These include electric forklifts, MEWP’s, and other widely-used equipment.
- Offering a variety of fuel-efficient options that comply with all current emission regulations. This is important as not all equipment types have a fully electric version yet.
- We have diverted 44% of our waste from landfills through our internal recycling programs. We hope to continue to see this number rise in the coming years.
- Saving over 3,000 trees by converting to paperless processes.
- At least 72% of our office supplies are created with recycled content. We hope to increase this number further going forward.
- We have diverted over 18,000 gallons of oil from landfills.
- We have reduced our overall electricity consumption by roughly 800,000 Kw/h.
These successes are just the beginning, however. We will strive to continue improving our practices to further reduce our impact on the environment.