Flammable Liquid Safety Overvew
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), around 1,400 fires occur annually in which flammable or combustible liquids were first ignited. Due to this, flammable liquids must be handled with care.
This flammable liquid safety course was designed to help meet the requirements of both 29 CFR 1910.106 Flammable Liquids, Subpart H (Hazardous Materials) and 29CFR 1910.1200 (Hazard Communication).
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of flammable liquids
- Recognize hazards inherent with work involving flammable liquids
- Identify the safety requirements for the use of flammable liquids on the job
- Recognize the storage requirements for flammable liquids at a work facility
- Describe the principles of flashpoint protection when working with flammable liquids
- Demonstrate the steps for inspecting inventories of flammable liquids in the workplace
Testing conducted in this online training course is designed to reinforce the information presented within the course. A mark of 80% or higher must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online flammable safety training course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and print.