Fire Prevention and Response Training Overview
All employees should be aware of fire hazards that exist in their workplace and know what to do in case of a fire. This course is designed to help you understand the basics of a fire, what to do to prevent them, and how to respond appropriately to a fire in the workplace.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the fire tetrahedron and how fires start and spread
- Discuss the dangers of fire and why quick fire evacuation is critical
- Identify housekeeping processes and safe materials handling procedures that can help prevent fires
- Explain the OSHA requirements regarding emergency action planning, the fire prevention plans, and evacuations in the event of a serious fire
- Discuss the basic steps to take during an evacuation
Testing conducted in this online training course has been designed to reinforce the information presented within the course. A mark of 80% or higher must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if a passing mark is not achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and print.
This course has been created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities. This includes devices such as Apple's iTouch and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.