This Position is for Venturis Capital Corporation
Who We Are
Venturis Capital Corporation is a privately-held international investment company made up of a number of strong and diverse operating divisions spanning the construction, machinery, manufacturing, financial, and real estate business. Surrey, BC is the home of our corporate office to conduct business through our various locations worldwide.
With upwards of 800 plus employees, Venturis has grown significantly over the years predominantly through strategic acquisitions. Venturis’ entrepreneurial spirit propels us to continually grow and innovate as a company, and our history and ethics keep us grounded in our core values.
The driving force behind Venturis is the quality of our people. We are a positive, high-achieving team that can be counted on for our honesty and integrity as well as our delivery of successful results delivered through a “Shared Services” model to all key stakeholders.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to
be a key business partner who will dig in and work collaboratively with operations to oversee the financial reporting processes, find ways to further improve those processes and provide sound financial reporting advice.
This is an 18-month contract position, with potential to become a permanent role.
You are Responsible for (but not limited to) Job Description
What will you bring to the team
- Supervising and mentoring 3 accounting clerks
- Handling all aspects of the general ledger including reconciliations of key accounts
- Reviewing monthly internal financial reporting
- Ensuring compliance with accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Assisting the Financial Reporting Manager to plan, organize and coordinate the year end audit working paper preparation
- Ad hoc projects including process improvements on current operations as it relates to internal controls, and transaction processing
In Return, we offer you
- Chartered Professional Accountant, public firm experience or prior experience in equipment or auto dealer industries is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, V lookup, etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems is an asset
- Strong knowledge of ASPE
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Deadline driven
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
A path towards your most rewarding career. Venturis is growing and striving to be a leader in our industry. Succeeding in this role in a fast-complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in other areas in Venturis or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive salary and health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to training and mentorship in a team environment.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping Venturis Capital Corporation deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter
Thank you for your interest, however please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.