Reports to the Service and Branch Manager, the Laborer will be responsible for general clean-up of our shop, yard maintenance, deliveries to and from various departments, assist walk in customers as needed, recycling and waste removal along with moving and storage of various items.
- Assist in loading and unloading of machines
- General labor jobs within the shop
- Assist technicians in the shop or periodically within the field on jobs
- Communicate effectively with mechanics on specific job issues
- Other responsibilities include fueling and parking Materials Handling equipment as well as steam cleaning and equipment detailing.
The Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma is required
- Previous mechanical experience is required
- Forklift operations certification is required
- Experience with aerial platforms and rough terrain forklifts are a strong asset
- Ability to work well with others and contribute positively in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Ability to drive a semi-truck is an asset
Leavitt Machinery is one of the fastest growing materials handling equipment dealers in North America. We offer new and used equipment sales, short and long term rentals, emergency and preventative maintenance, operator training, and parts support. Our vision and spirit is entrepreneurial; it’s that spirit that has enabled us to grow from 10 to 25 branches, and to 500+ employees. We are now several times larger than our closest competitor, and we deal with over 10,000 customers.