Looking for a Career Change?
Become a highly educated and sought after Crane Technician, learning new skills and developing long lasting industry relationships can set you on your dream career path that is more than just rewarding, its exciting,
- Perform repairs, preparation for set-up and demobilization projects on cranes
- Provide a work schedule and list of tasks, to keep you focused and energetic until you learn the skills to create your own list
- Takes pride in completing tasks efficiently and on schedule
- Ensure all repairs are performed in compliance with federal, provincial and company regulatory, safety, and operational procedures
- Comfortable performing crane related work, electrical, mechanical and even
- Versatility with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting is a valuable asset
- Weld and cut skills are also a valuable asset
- Maintain accurate records and can communicate both verbally and written in English
- Love the satisfaction of accomplishment
The Ideal Candidate
- Training will be provided to the right candidates
- Benefits and pension plan
- Local work in the Lower Mainland to any Crane Technician with the skills to be in the filed
- Service vehicle.
- Minimum (2) years of crane mechanical and/or electrical interventions, inspections and repair.
- Mill Wright, Heavy Equipment Technician or Industrial Electrician Inter-Provincial Red Seal or Journey Person ticket is a valuable asset
- Exceptional trouble shooting skills
- Valid driver’s license supported by Driver’s Abstract
- Any experience on Terex, Potain, or mobile crane products is a valuable asset
- Electrical and mechanical skills
- Ability to effectively take direction
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, blue prints and engineered drawings and apply to work being performed is a valuable asset
- Previous experience on self-erect cranes and tower cranes is a valuable asset
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization including the client, the management team, other work crews, and subordinates
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment and comfortable working outside just as much as inside
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Able to be self-directed and assist others with minimal supervision, work as part of a team
Leavitt Machinery is one of the fastest growing materials handling equipment dealers in North America. We offer new and used equipment sales, short and long-term rentals, emergency and preventative maintenance, operator training, and parts support. Our vision and spirit are entrepreneurial; it’s that spirit that has enabled us to grow from 10 to 28 branches, and to 500+ employees. We are now several times larger than our closest competitor, and we deal with over 10,000 customers.
Does Your Career Need A Lift?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume.