Leavitt Machinery is one of the fastest growing materials handling equipment dealers in North America. We offer new and used equipment sales, short and long term rentals, emergency and preventative maintenance, operator training and parts support. Our vision and spirit is entrepreneurial. It’s that spirit that has led us to grow from 10 to 25 branches and to 500+ employees. We are now several times larger than our closest competitor, and we deal with over 10,000 customers.
The counter sales & shop support rep reports to the branch manager. These duties to be performed will vary from day to day and the candidate may have to take direction from senior team members. This candidate needs to be work well on their own and as a team supporter.
- Provide Sales and Rental support to our store customers for small tools.
- Perform small tools rental fleet check in and check outs.Keep them filed electronically with updated pictures on service station computer.
- Navigate Windows (Sirius) program efficiently & have strong computer and trouble shooting skills. Email Etiquette is very important in this position.
- Take lead on providing pricing (including freight) and availability of parts to customers work orders and for the rental fleet to maintain the fleet to manufacturer specs.
- Navigate efficiently on vendors web sites for parts and technical information.
- Provide a high level of customer service.For both customer sales and rentals to ensure the equipment meets the customer’s job requirements.
- Deliveries and pickups as needed for small tools rental fleet and sales.
- Keep on top of any shop or customer warranties with vendors as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Grade 12 Education required.
- Previous Rental experience in Small Tools and Lawn & Garden experience desired.
- Mechanical aptitude desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service related experience required.
- Effective Communication skills – written, oral, face to face, over the telephone, and via computer.
- Comfortable working in both a team and independent environment.
- Strong attention to detail and able to multi task without losing focus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
As a company that is constantly growing and striving to be a leader in our industry, we offer employees the opportunity to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social and personal responsibility, and work-life balance. We provide competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and then we set you up to succeed by offering training and mentorship in a team environment.
Does Your Career Need A Lift?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume.