As a company that is constantly growing and striving to be a leader in our industry, we offer employees the opportunity to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social and personal responsibility, and work-life balance. We provide competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and then we set you up to succeed by offering training and mentorship in a team environment.
Accountant Position Overview
This position is for a maternity leave coverage for Leavitt Cranes, reporting to the Controller, where you will be responsible for daily accounting tasks as part of the accounting team. This is a challenging role that will require you to put your previous skills and experience together in a fast paced environment.
- Accounts Payable transactions
- Getting appropriate approvals for invoices
- Entering invoices into accounting system
- Deal with vendors for issues with invoices etc.
- Process concur expense reports
- Process Diners card expenses, approvals and coding
- Process vendor payments - cheques, EFT, wire
- Interface monthly the AP, Inventory and PO transactions
- Accounts Receivable transactions
- Prepare bank deposits
- Post cash receipt entries
- Reconciling AR accounts
- Setting up pre-authorized debits
- Processing and posting credit card payments
- Working with the head of AR for setting up customer accounts
- Setting up customer ship-to
- Interface monthly the AR transactions
- Operations support: setup machine make and model in the system, and assist with posting issues
- Full cycle accounting
- Prepare and process journal entries
- Perform monthly revenue reconciliations
- Perform monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly inter-company reconciliations
- Post depreciation, as provided by Rentals Department
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports
- Respond to requests from other departments for detail on reported financial information
- Prepare government filings for affiliated companies: GST, PST, US sales tax etc.
- Assist with year-end audit
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks
- Possess or is working towards an education in Accounting or a related discipline
- At least one to two years’ experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Superior Microsoft Office skills with advanced experience using MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with SILK will be considered an asset
- Must be accurate, organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and cope with conflicting priorities
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Does Your Career Need A Lift?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume.