The Field Crane Technician is responsible for meeting all Service related needs of the offsite customer in the most timely, cost effective and safe manner possible. On a daily and/or as needed basis, the Field Technician is required to communicate cooperatively with a variety of people including the Service Manager, parts and/or service coordinator, the customer, lead/Charge Hand and/or a Warranty Administrator. The job includes completing a variety of paper work, each job completed is supported by a work order, warranties and safety related forms if necessary. Providing estimated labor times in a timely and accurate manner, following up on jobs, ensuring that parts are ordered and on hand, as well as recommending additional repair opportunities are integral components of this position.
- Planning and performing of repairs, preparation, set-up and demobilization projects.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed.
- Provided a work schedule and list of tasks to complete.
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and on schedule.
- Ensures all repairs are performed in compliance with federal, provincial and company regulatory, safety, and operational procedures.
- Performs all crane related work, electrical, mechanical and structural.
- Must be highly versatile and skilled on electrical troubleshooting.
- Keeps accurate records, and can communicate both verbally and written in English.
- Responds to trouble calls and inquiries from other branches regarding crane problems.
- Minimum (2) years of crane related electrical service and mechanical interventions, inspections and repair.
- Crane related training either on the job or at factory. Basic training at a minimum.
- Electrical Inter-provincial Journey Person ticket a valuable asset.
- Exceptional trouble shooting skills
- Valid driver’s license supported by Driver’s Abstract
- Experience on Terex products a valuable asset.
- Demonstrated electrical and mechanical skills
- Ability to effectively take direction
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, blue prints and engineered drawings and apply to work being performed
- Ability to Inspect / repair Terex, Potain, Liebherr and other brands of self-erect cranes and tower cranes
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization including the client, the management team, other work crews, and subordinates
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Able to be self-directed and assist others with minimal supervision, work as part of a team
Does your career need a lift?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume.